My name is Giorgio Robino. I'm from Genova, Italy. My nickname, solyarisoftware, is a tribute to Andrej Tarkovskij's movie SOLYARIS.
I'm an engineer and researcher in "Conversational AI" verticals. I'm generally interested in voice/voiceonly multimodal interfaces (ASR/TTS) but I'm especially focused in dialog management and task-oriented realtime "assistants" that help human operator to complete real world working tasks. I call this kind of assistants: "Enterpise Voice Cobots".
As Italian, I'm especially focused in the italian accademies and industries ecosystem (in natural language processing realms), and I realized in 2016 a first italian open conference #convcomp2016 about "conversational computing". Afterward I maintained the related blog: www.convcomp.it where I try to share articles about topics related to chatbots/voicebots/virtual assistants. I'm also pretty active on twitter, where I share and chat/rant just only about conversational AI/voice related stuff.
My current day job is "Conversational AI Tech Lead" in the Italian company www.almawave.it, where I'm now working in R%D projects, especially in ehealth realms.
Of course I'm supporter of opensource and opendata also in voice realms. As free-time beside project, I published small open source projects:
- https://github.com/solyarisoftware/naifjs, simple state-machine based dialog manager, in nodejs
- https://github.com/solyarisoftware/voskJs, Vosk ASR offline engine API for NodeJs developers. With a simple HTTP ASR server
- https://github.com/solyarisoftware/CoquiSTTJs, Coqui STT offline engine API for NodeJs developers. With a simple HTTP ASR server
- https://github.com/solyarisoftware/jointts, a brainless concatenative text to speech
- https://github.com/solyarisoftware/webad, Web Browser Audio Detection/Speech Recording Events API
- https://github.com/solyarisoftware/Highlight.vim, Highlight vim plugin colorizes pattern of texts, with a random or specified background colors
Last but not least, I have been an ambient music maker as SOLYARIS MUSIC.